Warriors Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media today ahead of Saturday’s Gallagher Premiership match at Bath.
Here’s what Alan had to say:
On inclusion of Ted Hill, Nick Schonert and Ben Te’o in England’s squad for Saturday’s Quilter International against Japan
- It’s fantastic to see our players get recognition.
- Ted was invited to the recent training camp in Portugal because he’s a terrific young player and he will adjust and adapt if he is picked to play on Saturday.
- Nick is a terrific scrummager but he has worked very hard on his all round game.
Looking back at Sunday’s Premiership Rugby Cup match at Saracens
- We put a young side out but the young players did well and came away with a bonus point which could have been two. They showed good resolve and resilience.
- Players like James Scott, Beck Cutting and Nick David got game time and acquitted themselves well.
- It was good to see a lot of the other players down at Saracens supporting the team.
Looking ahead to Bath
- Bath are a tough team to beat at home so expecting a hard game.
- Like all clubs, when you are playing at home they won’t want anyone to lower their colours.
On the strength of the Premiership this season
- Chatting to other Directors of Rugby who have been around a long time, they say it’s the toughest Premiership they have ever been involved in. Every team has good quality players, they are well coached and well prepared.
Michael Fatialofa’s availability
- Michael had a heavy programme in New Zealand coming straight from a Super Rugby season into the Mitre 10 Cup.
- We have got to be patient and we are not putting him under any pressure to play.
- Ryan Bower: Has torn an Achilles tendon and he is likely to be out for the rest of the season.
- Zac Xiourouppa: Suffered an anterior cruciate ligament knee injury at Saracens and is out for the rest of the season.
- Andrew Kitchener: Suffered concussion at Saracens and is going through the return-to-play protocol.
- Marco Mama: Still struggling with a hamstring injury and is unlikely to play at Bath.
- Ryan Mills: Has trained this week and is available for selection this week.
- Pierce Phillips: Fit and available for selection.