Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media today ahead of Friday’s Gallagher Premiership match against Harlequins at Sixways.
Here’s what Alan had to say….
On last weekend at Bath
- Our set piece – the lineout in particular – didn’t function. We have analysed it and we believe that we have sorted out the problems we had.
- Rory Duncan has come up with some solutions and confident that things will be fining going forward.
Harlequins this week
- Paul Gustard is a very good coach. He’s had good experience with Saracens and England and they are well into their season now.
- They have changed the emphasis in the way they approach the game and have had a good season to date.
Ted Hill’s first England cap
- Ted is a terrific young player and it’s understandable that Eddie Jones would want to give him that opportunity.
- Ted will be better for the experience of working in the England camp and being involved in the match 23 against Japan.
- He’s come through quickly but he’s deserved his chance and it’s a good call. We are looking forward to him coming back and playing a big role with us.
- He’s very level-headed, a good man and an outstanding rugby player.
Ben Te’o’s England form
- Ben has acquitted himself in the two matches he has played for England this autumn.
- He had only played 30 minutes of rugby for us this season before he went into the Tests but he is a big, powerful man and he suits what Eddie Jones wants.
- Michael Fatialofa: He has a clean out of a knee in New Zealand and he aggravated it playing for Auckland in the Mitre Cup. We want to make sure that he is 100 per cent right before we play him. Likely to feature in our European Challenge Cup matches.
- Ollie Lawrence: He is going to see a specialist on Wednesday. There seems to be some nerve damage in the leg he injured in the Premiership Rugby Cup match at Leicester.
- Alafoti Faosiliva: He was a late call up to the bench at Saracens. He had a calf injury and is not 100 per cent.
- Carl Kirwan: Should be ready to go for our European matches.
- Will Butler: Now ready to play again and is likely to play for Birmingham Moseley this weekend.