Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s Gallagher Premiership match against Gloucester.
Here’s what Alan had to say:
On the Harlequins win
- Rory Duncan and the forwards worked hard on the lineout after the defeat at Bath.
- Omar Mouneimne is also a world class coach and the players deserve credit for putting in a huge defensive shift.
On the trip to Gloucester
- They are a very good side, particularly at Kingsholm and it will be another tough game.
- They have quality across the field and are well coached by Johan Ackermann.
- Kingsholm, like Welford Road, is a traditional English club ground with strong home support.
Which players involved in the Autumn Internationals are likely to play?
- Joe Taufete’e was concussed playing for USA against Ireland and is going through the return-to-play protocols and he won’t be ready this week.
- Some of the other players will be back but others will be rested.
On Ted Hill’s performance against Harlequins
- Matt Cox was deservedly man of the match. Ted was also pretty special.
- Having spent time with England, who are a good international team, with a good coach in Eddie Jones, it can only have a positive effect on Ted.