Warriors Head Coach Rory Duncan spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s European Challenge Cup match against Stade Francais at the Stade Jean Bouin (kick-off 8pm BST).
Here’s what Rory had to say:
On the Bristol win:
- The Club as a whole is in a good space and we are hoping to carry that positivity into Europe.
- The win was an 80 minutes’ performance and showed what the guys were capable of.
On Stade Francais:
- They are second in the Top 14 and an extremely physical team with some big players. They play a momentum game coupled with an intelligent kicking game.
- We have done our homework and prepared as best we can. It will be tough but we will be going out there to give it our best shot.
- Looking to keep momentum going forward. Important part is to focus on one or two areas we have been good in and build on that.
- Ben Te’o is not available for selection this weekend.
- Wynand Olivier is fit and will be in the squad.
- Ethan Waller is also available for selection.
- Carl Kirwan is not available this weekend and his rehabilitation and treatment is on-going.
- Luke Baldwin is available for selection.
Rory’s own role
- Looking forward to leading the coaching team in Europe. But Alan Solomons and rest of coaching team will be there so not a lot will change.
- It will be something fresh and exciting after six weeks of Gallagher Premiership rugby and there will be some new faces in Saturday’s squad.
- Rory and his wife have settled well in the area.