HITZ is an award-winning education and employability programme which works with 14 to 18-year-olds.
HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people not in education, training or employment (NEET) back into education, training, apprenticeships and/or employment.
HITZ is here to help you reach your potential providing you with the tools to move onto further education, training, apprenticeships and employment focusing on your future.
The programme is flexible and can be tailored to each individual allowing you to take it at your own pace.
We provide a fully individual training package to develop your skills and help you progress, combining learning with practical activities providing you with support and guidance the whole way.
In 2019 SCL Education & Training expanded their partnership with Premiership Rugby to become the exclusive education partner for the award-winning employability programme. Managing all educational aspects of the Premiership Rugby HITZ programme, leading providers of education through sport, SCL, have more than 15 years’ experience in delivering a range of forward thinking and successful education and sports development programmes for young adults.
Worcester Warriors Hitz Hub located at Sixways Stadium.
Warriors also run a Hitz Hub in Kidderminster based at Kidderminster & District Youth Trust – www.kdyt.org.uk.
HITZ will help you gain:
- New skills
- Accredited and non-accredited qualifications
- Support and guidance at any time
What will you achieve?
- Qualifications and function skills in English, Maths and ICT
- Confidence in setting your own targets for personal and social development
- An understanding of a range of job opportunities
- Experience of a working environment with an employer based on your career choice
- Skills and accreditation gained in a working environment
- Progress onto one of four pathways:
- Further Education
- Employment with training
- Independent living
We offer you:
- A relaxed supportive learning environment
- The chance to develop your skills and build your confidence
- Opportunities to make new friends
- The opportunity to move on to an apprenticeship, employment with training, further education or independent living
- Information and guidance to help plan your first steps
Rewards and incentives
You may be entitled to:
- A weekly allowance
- Subsistence grants
- Travel expenses
- Free sports kit
- Access to Premiership Rugby matches