Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s Gallagher Premiership match at Saracens.
Here’s what Alan had to say:
On the Northampton match
- It was very disappointing. We were on the back foot in the first half but we were only 12-3 down at half-time.
- The turning point came when they scored an interception try midway through the second half. That was a 14-point score.
- We have got to look after the ball better. I am confident that the lineout will be sorted out.
On the trip to Saracens
- They are one of the top teams in Europe, they are at home and they are coming off the back of a loss at Exeter.
It will be a tough and challenging afternoon.
Will Be Te’o play?
- Ben will definitely be involved and I can see him starting this weekend.
- Ben has been very unfortunate with injuries since I arrived at Warriors. But he’s worked hard in training, he’s been enthusiastic, he’s a good player and I’m sure he will give a good account of himself this weekend.
Scott van Breda’s new contract
- Scott is a good bloke and a good rugby player. He’s a versatile player who can play 15 or 10 and he’s also a good goalkicker so to have someone with his degree of versatility adds value to the squad.
- Ryan Mills suffered a bruised wrist against Northampton and is unlikely to play this weekend.
- Marco Mama has got some soreness behind the knee he had surgery on.
- Niall Annett he is recovering from the head knock he suffered in Pau.
- Jamie Shillcock has an ankle injury and is unlikely to play in January.
- Cornell du Preez will have an operation next month to remove a cyst. Once he’s had surgery we will get a clearer picture but he’s unlikely to play this season.
Cornell has done some cardio-vascular and gym work but what he has been through is traumatic and we have given him some time away.