Warriors are offering a Performance Analysis MSc Internship in partnership with the University of Worcester for the 2015/16 season.
The exciting position is a full-time commitment working within the Club’s Senior and Academy Departments.
The successful candidate receives a full bursary for the newly established MSc Sports Coaching course (focusing specifically in Performance Analysis) starting in September.
Location – Sixways Stadium, Worcester
Type of Contract – Fixed Term (2015-16 Season)
Employment Package – £5k Masters Fees + £8.5k Living Fees
– Total Package £13.5k
Three-Tiered Interview Process – Each successful candidate will advance to the next tier of the interview process.
• Tier 1 – Application of CV, covering letter and MSc Masters course. Closing date 12pm on Friday 7 August, 2015.
• Tier 2 – Practical Interview – Each successful candidate from Tier 1 will be asked to produce an analytical report from one game. (Report template and game will be provided). Closing date 12pm on Wednesday 12 August 2015.
• Tier 3 – Successful candidates from Tier 3 will be invited to a formal interview held at Sixways Stadium on the week commencing Monday 17 August 2015.
Contract Start Date – 14/09/2015
• Live code all 1st XV fixtures (home and away)
• Assist in all 1st XV data analysis – specifically looking at opposition scouting reports
• Assist in the development of coding platforms and statistical database
• Lead Analyst of all A League (Monday evenings) & Co-ordinate age-grade (Saturday/Sunday) rugby throughout the season
• Film and analyze all relevant training footage (1st XV and Academy)
• Co-ordinate the analysis of the AASE programme (Wednesday afternoon) run at Worcester Sixth Form College
• Produce review and preview material for senior coaches.
• Assist in the development of the Warriors animated playbook and continue to support the developments throughout the season.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the Warriors App
• Assist in Coach Education evenings throughout the Warriors regions.
• A 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Sports Science related course.
• Previous experience of working in a professional rugby club.
• Available to work unsociable hours including weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Good understanding of SportsCode software and Apple based products.
• Evidence of knowledge of rugby through coaching or playing experience.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft and Keynote packages and video production software.
Please state the position applying for in the title of your email.
For more information regarding the MSc Sports Coaching please click on the link below.
Due to the expected high number of applicants we will unfortunately not be able to provide individual feedback for those unsuccessful candidates.