Who would you like to see Warriors play in Europe next season?!
Well, there’s not long till you find out Warriors’ opponents as the draw for the 2016/17 European Champions Cup and Challenge Cup takes place on Wednesday 29 June (1pm start).
Last season saw Warriors pooled up with French side La Rochelle, Italian outfit Zebre Rugby and local rivals Gloucester Rugby – but where will they be heading on their travels this season?
You can see both draws on Sky Sports News, beIN Sports and Infosport+ and streamed live on www.epcrugby.com.
Here’s how the draw works:
For the purposes of creating the tiers, the clubs are ranked based on their finishing positions in the Premiership, TOP 14, PRO12, PRO D2 and Greene King IPA Championship leagues, or on their qualification from the Qualifying Competition.
|2||Gloucester Rugby||La Rochelle||Ospreys|
|3||Bath Rugby||Grenoble||Edinburgh Rugby|
|4||Worcester Warriors||Pau||Newport Gwent Dragons|
|5||Newcastle Falcons||Stade Francais Paris||Bennetton Treviso|
Timisoara Saracens (Romania)
Pool draws – key principles
• The 20 clubs are divided into four tiers based on their qualification position from their leagues. This will be done where necessary by a draw.
• The 20 clubs will then be divided into five pools of four clubs each.
• Each pool will have at least one club from each of the three leagues.
• Each of the five pools will have one club from each of the four tiers.
• There will be no more than two clubs from the same league in a pool.
• No pool will contain two PRO12 clubs from the same country.
• Clubs from the same league will be kept apart until the allocation of the Tier 4 clubs.
EPCR weekends – 2016/17 Season
Round 1: 13/14/15/16 October
Round 2: 20/21/22/23 October
Round 3: 8/9/10/11 December
Round 4: 15/16/17/18 December
Round 5: 12/13/14/15 January 2017
Round 6: 19/20/21/22 January 2017
Quarter-finals: 30/31 March – 1/2 April 2017
Semi-finals: 21/22/23 April 2017
Final: Edinburgh 2017 European Rugby Challenge Cup final: Friday 12 May, BT Murrayfield Stadium