Warriors Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media ahead of Sunday’s Premiership Rugby Cup match at Saracens.
Here’s what Alan had to say:
On the win at Leicester
- A game of two halves. We scored some very good tries in the first half gave away too many penalties and turned over too much ball in the second half which we meant we spent the bulk of that half in defence. We made 202 tackles in the match.
- Leicester were missing a lot of their leading players but they are a very good club and it was a tough game.
On Sunday’s match at Saracens
- With a six day turnaround before the Bath match in the Gallagher Premiership it’s an opportunity to give younger players game time.
- There is strong competition for places at the moment and every time a player gets the opportunity to represent Warriors in whatever the completion it’s the chance for them to put their hand up to be part of the Premiership team.
- The side will be coached by Gordon Ross and Mike Hill and managed by Chim Gale. It’s a good opportunity to aid their development as well as that of the players.
- Duncan Weir is in the Scotland squad. He’s played very well for us since he joined from Edinburgh.
- Nick Schonert is back at the club having been named in England’s 35-man squad for Saturday’s international against New Zealand. Nick is having a terrific season. He’s an international class player and sooner or later he will be given an opportunity by England.
- Farai Mudariki: Now recovered from the blow to his neck and he’s available for selection this weekend.
- Will Butler: Has been integrated back into training but not quite ready for selection.
- Pierce Phillips: Probably won’t be considered for selection this week and will benefit from the extra time to fully recover from his injuries.
- Ollie Lawrence: Hasn’t trained this week and will not be considered for selection this week.
- Justin Clegg: Came on as a replacement against Stade Francais but has a stress fracture of the back.
- Ryan Mills: Making good progress and will be fully integrated into training this week.
Michael Fatialofa’s arrival at the club
- Michael is settling in well. He’s been working with the conditioning staff this week and he will be integrated into training next week.